Ketan Agarwal Murder Case: Victim's Mother Writes To PM Modi, Seeks Fast-Track Justice

Ketan Agarwal murder case victims mother Rakhi Agarwal appeals to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for fast-track justice.
X

Ketan Agarwal's mother, Rakhi Agarwal, wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking his intervention for a speedy investigation and justice in her son's alleged murder case

Rakhi Agarwal urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to ensure a speedy investigation and trial in the Ketan Agarwal murder case, days after the victim's father had written to President Droupadi Murmu seeking a fast-track hearing

In a fresh appeal for justice in the alleged murder of Pune-based realtor Ketan Agarwal, his mother Rakhi Agarwal has written an emotional letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging his personal intervention to ensure a speedy investigation and trial.

The appeal comes weeks after Ketan's father, Vishal Agarwal, wrote to President Droupadi Murmu seeking a fast-tracked investigation and trial in the case.

Ketan Agarwal, 26, was allegedly murdered near Lohagad Fort in Pune on June 18. While the case was initially registered as an accidental death, the police subsequently concluded that it was a premeditated murder. His fiancée Siya Goyal and her alleged lover Chetan Babulal Chaudhary were later arrested. According to investigators, the two allegedly conspired to kill Agarwal, with the prosecution relying on CCTV footage, witness statements, digital evidence and other material collected during the probe.

In her letter to the Prime Minister, Rakhi Agarwal described the devastating impact of her son's death on the family.

"My son was brutally murdered, and with him, meri poori duniya chali gayi (my whole world is gone). Every corner of our home reminds me of him. His room, his clothes, his photographs, and the silence that has replaced his laughter remind me every day that he will never come back," she wrote.

She also referred to another tragedy that struck the family after Ketan's death, stating that her father-in-law passed away just 20 days later, unable to bear the grief. "Our family suffered another heartbreaking loss when my father-in-law passed away just twenty days after Ketan's death. He loved Ketan dearly and could not bear the grief of losing his grandson. Within days, our family lost two generations," the letter stated.

Appealing for swift legal action, Rakhi Agarwal urged the Prime Minister to ensure that the case does not get delayed.

"With folded hands, I humbly request you to kindly ensure that my son's case receives the attention it deserves and that justice is delivered without unnecessary delay."

She further pleaded: "Please do not let Ketan become just another case file. He was someone's son, someone's grandson, someone's brother, but to me, woh meri poori duniya tha (he was my whole world)."

Concluding the letter, she vowed to continue her fight for justice.

"Every night I look at his photograph and say, 'Beta, Maa abhi bhi tere liye lad rahi hai' (Son, your mother is still fighting for you). I only pray that one day I can tell him, 'Beta... tujhe insaaf mil gaya' (Son... you got justice)."

Earlier, on July 10, Ketan's father Vishal Agarwal had written to President Droupadi Murmu requesting that the matter be transferred to a fast-track court. He said the family had been devastated not only by Ketan's killing but also by the death of his own father shortly thereafter, whom he said could not bear the shock of losing his grandson.

The investigation into the murder remains underway.

What's the Ketan Agarwal Case

The Ketan Agarwal case concerns the death of the 22-year-old Pune businessman, who died on June 18 after falling into a deep gorge at Lohagad Fort near Lonavala. Initially reported as an accidental fall during a trek, the case took a dramatic turn after investigators concluded that the death was allegedly the result of a pre-planned conspiracy.

Police have arrested Agarwal's fiancée Siya Goyal and her alleged lover Chetan Chaudhary, accusing them of conspiring to push him off a nearly 400-foot cliff at the fort's "Ghost Point." Both are currently in judicial custody.

The investigation has since uncovered what police describe as multiple earlier attempts to execute the alleged plan. According to investigators, Siya allegedly persuaded Ketan to visit Lohagad Fort on several occasions. During one such visit on June 14, she allegedly attempted to push him off the cliff, but he survived after grabbing onto nearby bushes. Police claim she later told him she had pushed him only because she had spotted a snake nearby.

Investigators further claim that Siya has told police she did not want to marry Ketan and feared the social consequences of calling off the engagement. According to police, she allegedly stated that she disliked his appearance, including his baldness, his use of a wig and his stammer, and believed ending the engagement would embarrass both families.

However, Ketan's father has publicly rejected the suggestion that his son's appearance played any meaningful role in the crime, stating that if Siya did not wish to marry him, she could simply have refused instead of allegedly planning his murder.

Meanwhile, Siya's mother has stated that her daughter was initially unwilling to visit Lohagad Fort and claimed that Ketan had insisted on the trekking trip. She also maintained that if her daughter is found guilty, she should receive the strictest punishment available under law.

It is to be noted that Senior Advocate and Rajya Sabha MP Ujjwal Nikam, the prosecutor widely known for securing the conviction of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack accused Ajmal Kasab, has been appointed as the Special Public Prosecutor (SPP) in the sensational Ketan Agarwal murder case. The Maharashtra government has also decided to conduct the trial through a fast-track court to ensure an expeditious conclusion.

Tags

Next Story